Replacement of RPA Wave with The AI Wave
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can be described as the technology which allows a user to configure computer software or to be specific, a robot to reproduce and integrate the actions of human interactions within a digitized system to execute a business process efficiently.
How RPA works?
- RPA logs into applications.
- RPA moves files and folders.
- RPA gets to copy files and folders.
- RPA enables to fill forms.
- RPA exacts structured and semi-structured data from documents.
- RPA gets to scarpe browsers.
Why is RPA important?
- RPA allows organizations to automate at a minimalistic cost and is also time-effective.
- RPA is non-intrusive in nature and leverages the existing infrastructure without causing many interruptions to underlying systems.
- RPA efficiently minimizes operational costs and acts as a by-product of automation.
Listing RPA Services
- Fast benefit realization.
- Minimal upfront investment.
- No such disruption to underlying systems.
- Aids support from IT.
- Highly scalable and rightly adapts to changing business environments.
- It utilizes a user-interface to capture data and manipulate applications as humans handle it.
- It has the potential to interpret, trigger responses, and communicate with other systems to perform an array of repetitive tasks.
- It never stops and thus tends to make zero mistakes.
Benefits of RPA in Business
- Enhance fast implementation.
- Minimize effort in the back-office
- Highly improves customer services in the front office.
An HR service provider in Europe was processing 2,500 sick leave certificates per month with an average handling time of 4 minutes per item. Within a span of three weeks, they thought of implementing an RPA solution which ultimately led them to achieve 90% process automation as there the RPA robot got to extract data from a transaction in SAP and insert the information into the customer systems and prints it. This resulted in a return on investment within six months, the error rates reduced to 0%, manual effort reduced to 5%, and finally, the processing time got lessened by 80%.
RPA versus AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) has already been started to enter the premise of the enterprise as RPA started crashing out its way. It is occurring because, at a basic level, RPA software is only able to move data from one system to another by assisting human-defined rules and this tends to create difficulty in commuting during rush hours and RPA bots are quite helpless about it. Though it is relatively cheap, easy to deploy, and relatively fast in producing accurate business results, still AI has started gaining importance and AI vendors are emerging in bulk because it promised to curtail the effect of traditional software using human-defined rules. Thus, this roughly grants the usage of an array of AI approaches like Machine Learning (ML) to basically learn the task for optimizing an outcome as RPA organizations have started gaining trust for AI technologies, succeeding the human-defined rules of RPA.
Additionally, it should be noted that a set of Bot 3.0 companies has already started to implement scaled and matured RPA operations to enable their capacity to increase the number of processes to automate and reduce human handling in the future quite efficiently. These companies have restored a strong belief in this newly emerged digitalization business process of AI to represent the next great wave of opportunity for enterprises to reduce costs, improve productivity and enhance speed in a most efficient and accurate way.
Why do we need AI for RPA?
In this digitized space of today, there is an urgent need to summon AI to replace RPA because even though RPA is capable of doing appreciable work in handling repetitive, a rules-based task without acquiring any human assistance, still it fails to ‘learn' instead tends to maintain a deep neural network. For instance, if any alteration happens in the automated task, it typically ensures to create a field in a web form moves and there the RPA waves won't be typically able to figure out the error on their own and this widely emphasizes a massive disruption in the functioning of operations.
How RPA and AI work together?
When RPA paired with AI disciplines like Natural Language Processing (NLP) or computer vision, the possibilities for automation started growing largely. To be specific, it now enables RPA to automate more complex, end to end processes to make humans work in a smarter and faster environment.
Benefits of Intelligent Automation (AI)
Intelligent Automation is regarded as the ‘digital worker' comprises of a software bot or machine which can rightly function like a human employee that too by maintaining a high level of speed, efficiency, and accuracy.
Thus, it can be concluded that AI algorithms got turned into a model of sophistication that encompasses software bots to transit automated specific processes to cognitive business assistants to automatically handle repetitive tasks in real-time and enable RPA to reach high productivity work-flows.